Effective resting

 Hope you enjoy the read! : )

Made by: H. Tayrone


The good thing about writing here every day is I believe I’m developing my writing, and that’s got to be helpful as someone who one day wishes to write a book! 

(Books are one of the many things that made humanity great, so of course I want to write one)


Today is just a really good day overall.

All my projects I months ago was a beginner at, I would say are now at average to advanced level. My days are now a bit better organized. And, which brings us to today’s episode, I finally came to terms about allowing myself to rest, and you should too.


Now if you don’t know this about me already, I really don’t like wasting time. Every second of my days need to have some kind of purpose, and I’m so strict about it that everyday is basically a copy of the last for productivity purposes. 

One thing tho that happens every day without me actually wanting it to happen is me NEEDING to just sit and stare at nothing for a while. It’s like my body demands it, but during it I just keep mentally kicking myself because I can’t waste time yada yada yada. It’s also always during 15:00 to 16:00, when I need to exercise.

I’m 100% sure my body needs that rest time because of all the mental exercises I did before, like drawing and playing the guitar. So I just today decided to make this officially part of the day without bullying myself for resting. It feels healthy. And it feels like I give my brain the time necessary to understand those skills better.


Now we come to you. I’m sure you already heard the word burnout right? That little thing that happens to you when you overwork. It’s real and it’s horrible.

Just knowing that should be enough evidence that rest is necessary, but even if you’re someone who doesn’t like to rest as you see it as being weak and wants to always be productive, I can guarantee you you’ll be more effective at what you do if you at least once per day rest for about 40 minutes to an hour.

The brain needs that time to digest everything it consumed before, I know this because resting wasn’t my choice there, I just felt like I had to, and Google says the brain needs a while to make all the connections from learning something, to keep interrupting it just makes it worse.


So yeah, try making rest a part of your day and try not to get to the level of NEEDING to rest, but choosing it. It feels incredible I promise.

Of course, be mindful about it, resting the entire day is just… Lazy cmon, you KNOW the amount of rest you need.

Wish you all the best and see you tomorrow.


(If you'd to have a post of yours here, you can!, read the sidebar)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story development

Pieces from the past

Don't overcomplicate