Get used to it

Hope you enjoy the read! : )

Made by: H. Tayrone


Today I realised something interesting that everyone can do for a better life!

Well I should assume you would do this for a better life, as everyone wishes one.

And of course it’s something particular for every person.


I’ll start by giving a little example from my life. 

Today, I only sleep on my back with no pillow, kinda looking like a corpse. I find it more comfortable and it’s apparently a really good sleep position. But it wasn’t always like that. When I was a kid I used to sleep on my side, as most people do. With time tho, when I turned into a teenager, I think I must have seen somewhere it is healthier to sleep on your back and generally the idea sounded cool idk, so I started to “learn” how to sleep like that.

It wasn’t what you would call easy, but it wasn’t hard at all to get used to it considering I have been sleeping on my side my entire life up until that point. I think it took about a week for me to start only sleeping on my back. 

It was something small which I got used to pretty quickly making my life a tiny bit better, because now I don’t need to think how “better” it would be to sleep like that. It’s just who I am now. 


I’m sure we all have those things we do unconsciously we wish we didn’t. Like for example a way of speaking, hand movements, feet can’t stay still, maybe even a way of treating yourself or way of thinking in general.

Those could be called tiny habits but they bother us.

And that’s the point of today’s episode. 

It really isn’t that hard for your body to notice you want to get used to something different if you actively try to change. Even if you’ve been doing it your entire life!

Might not be much but it makes a good difference on how you perceive yourself. You get to be how you wish to be and that’s great! : )


One thing to keep in mind is to not allow the old habit to come back. It might try it and you can’t allow it to ok? Just watch out for that and you’ll be fine.

Seriously, you CAN change to turn into who you want to be. Maybe more stoic, more charismatic. When I was a kid I wasn’t what you would call self assured, but with time and me actually wanting to be that way, I got there!


That’s all for today. Hope to see you again tomorrow.


Cool infos:

-If you wish to write for the blog, you can! Read the sidebar

-You can follow Instagram to get notified there through stories.

-You can join the Discord group to get notified through there or talk to me and other friendly people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story development

Pieces from the past

Don't overcomplicate