Ready to lose
Hope you enjoy it! : )
Made by: H. Tayrone
I once thought to myself
“A man should always be ready to lose what’s important to him”
And I believe that to be true, although I think a better sentence would be with “You” instead of “A man”. As… Well, that statement should apply to both men and women. Both are people.
Anyway, I like to think that’s a good rule to live with. Not only do we know eventually everything we have will be gone and thus to be “ready” for it won’t let it hurt as bad, but sometimes things or people just leave our lives without any prior warning.
An easy way to bypass this rule is to shield yourself from everything and everyone, so you don’t have anything important so when you do eventually lose something, you won’t care as much.
This would get the adjective Great if it didn’t already have the adjective Miserable.
To have fun is to expose yourself somehow, I seriously cannot imagine having fun doing something if you don’t allow yourself to care about something. So to prevent you from caring at all just means living a miserable life.
What I mean by “be ready” is just to mentally be aware that the things you care about will go away eventually, sometimes being our fault or not. And this also involves letting go of things.
Today I came up with this realization. We all want to achieve certain things, success, fame, or just a random skill. Of course if we want those things and it’s only up to us to get there, we’ll work towards them (Hopefully). But there’s a little thing which can drive you crazy (Seriously crazy) if you don’t watch out. Obsession.
Obsession for something as far as I know is only good if you’re looking to be the best at something, like… Competition wise. Anywhere else will just kill you slowly.
Now I’m sure you can already see how this is connected to being ready to lose what’s important to you. If you’re working towards something, no matter what, I’ve learned the best way to deal with the mental stress of not being there yet and to not obsess over it is to mentally be ok with letting it go if you need to.
You obviously won’t let go. It’s something you want. But if you hypothetically NEEDED to, it’s better for the mind to be able to live a life without it.
Seriously, if you REALLY want something, the thought of just letting it go might feel like it’s getting blocked by an invisible wall in the brain, and only you know how to slowly break the wall.
I can’t quite explain it well, it’s like by being ok to live without it you become somehow wiser.
That’s all for today’s episode.
See you tomorrow with something new.
Cool infos:
-If you wish to write for the blog, you can! Read the sidebar
-You can follow Instagram to get notified there through stories.
-You can join the Discord group to get notified through there or talk to me and other friendly people.
Comments
Post a Comment