Unreciprocated love

 Hope you enjoy the read! : )

Made by: H. Tayrone


Today I could resume my day basically with the song “The Greatest” by Billie Eilish.

(And the world cup final but we won’t talk about that here)


It’s a really great song, and if you never listened to it, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkdQhfDRBKs


Seriously I never would have imagined I would relate to that song, but here we are.

The song talks about unreciprocated love. I’m not sure how many people might know how that feels. But I’m sure most of us will experience it at least once, it sucks, and you’ll see yourself on every single line of the song.

You might be going through something similar, knowing the potential a relationship has, giving your all for the person, pretending like everything is ok when you’re really hurting inside from the person’s indifference, the confusion from it all, and the frustration you get from the person not even trying to achieve their potential with you. For you, the person could have been the greatest, and they chose not to. Seriously one of the worst feelings out there.

And it gets even more awful because it’s not like the person owes you anything, if they just don’t want anything to do with you you can’t blame them you know? But it’s so frustrating because it could be great, INCREDIBLE even if they just tried. 

It made me start seeing relationships like a little game for 2. Both of you can go really far, and it can be amazing what you two get from it, but both need to play actively. If only one does, you’ll fail. And GOD is it annoying when you’re really giving your all and the person you’re playing with is barely trying. At the end of the day, if things stay that way, it’ll lead to failure. 

But hey, at the very least, as much as it hurts you didn’t get the win, you can come out with a clear conscience that it wasn’t your fault you lost. The person could have been the greatest.

I’m obviously mainly referring to romantic relationships, but friendships are also applicable here.


I wish I had some sort of advice on how to deal with such situations, but I really don’t… Maybe the best choice would be to adjust your “playstyle” to theirs. Like if you really tried, but they don’t seem to be giving enough of them for you, then maybe just give them what they give you. 

It might be really sad to do so because you really care for the person, but with time it’ll only hurt more if you keep striving for something you can’t get because of someone else. 

Eventually you shall meet someone who has a great potential with you and it’s willing to get there with you, I guarantee that.


That’s all for today’s episode. : )

Just wanted to talk about the theme a bit.

See you tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story development

Pieces from the past

Don't overcomplicate