Weight of regret
Hope you enjoy the read! : )
Made by: Friends
One habit I've been trying to build is refusing to live with regret. Life is too short to spend years replaying decisions that once felt right but later turned out to be wrong. At the time we make a choice, we do it with the knowledge, experience, and understanding we have at that moment. Looking back with today's wisdom and judging yesterday's self isn't always fair. I've realized that a wrong decision isn't always a wasted decision. If it teaches you something valuable, then it has already given you something that success alone often cannot: a lesson. The things we lose can sometimes be recovered. Money can be earned again. Opportunities may return in different forms. But the lessons we learn stay with us for the rest of our lives, quietly shaping the person we become. What's done cannot be changed. The past is beyond our control. What is still in our hands is how we respond. We can let regret keep us frozen, or we can ask ourselves a better question: "What do I do next?" Moving forward doesn't erase the past, but it gives meaning to it. Sometimes the best way to honor a mistake is not by regretting it forever, but by becoming wiser because of it. Throughout life we’ll of course regret a bunch of things. Something we said, something we did, ain’t no escaping that sure. But like, cmon, chewing on something that happened years ago that no one remembers is something I’m sure most people can relate to, and something that everyone dislikes doing. Regarding this, I believe the best course of action would be to accept you won’t forget that, it’s part of your story as a human, but trying to accept the past makes it easier. I know that. I’ve been there. That’s all for today. The blog is getting big and healthy! : ) See you tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment