You'll never change
Hope you enjoy the read! : )
Made by: H. Tayrone
Is it possible to change? Do you believe a person can change?
I mean I’m pretty sure I’ve said here before to do what’s needed to become the person you wish to be, but the person you wish to be is still you, so you don’t really chaaaangeeee do you? Only a few aspects.
I’m talking about changing character, your world view, who you are.
Part of me thinks that isn’t possible.
Stay with me here. We probably all have that image of ourselves of who we wish we were. And if you’re smart, which you 100% are, you would be striving to be that person everyday. Cool. To get there though, we need to change a few things, obviously, if we didn’t need to change anything then we would be there already, and that’s 100% possible. But that’s not the type of change we’re talking about today.
We’re talking character. Being a different person.
You know those scenes in which a character says to another “You’ll never change” or something similar? It was thinking about those scenes that I came up with today’s episode. And when a character says that, they mean the other character won’t change who they are, how they act, how they think, as if it was a choice to do so.
But you, reader, if I asked You to change who you are… Could you?
Normally a character says “You’ll never change” in a negative sense, the person who they say this to won’t change into the person the character WISHES the other was. And even if the character does “change” FOR the other person, do they really? I mean they’re just being who the other wishes they were.
I know this all might sound a bit confusing and all, but listen. With all that in mind, I don’t think it is possible for a person to genuinely change. You can’t ever escape yourself.
I believe people don’t change, they just become who they truly are.
To change would mean to become someone else, to see the world another way, to think differently and thus act differently, maybe you might change your opinion on certain topics but your opinion isn’t who you are. You can force yourself to be a certain way but you know it’s not genuine.
And if you want to talk biology, we have this one brain, it is this way and we can’t choose to change how it is made. (lol)
Normally I like to end my posts by writing something up beat, and I thought about saying something along the line “We should just be who we are”, but that doesn’t sound the best of advice somehow…
Anyway that’s it for today! : )
Hope you enjoyed reading and got something out of it.
Till tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment