Everyone is getting there
Hope you enjoy it! : )
Read more from the original author:
I’m 26, and I Still Feel Like I’m Behind
I’m 26. And sometimes, I feel like I’m already late.
It’s strange because if someone else told me they were 26, working, figuring out their life, and trying to build a better future, I probably wouldn’t think they were behind at all. But when it’s me, somehow it feels different.
I open LinkedIn and see someone getting promoted. Someone else has moved to the US. Someone has a 15 LPA package. Someone started a business. Someone got married. Someone bought a house.
And then there’s me, sitting with my phone, thinking: “What am I doing?”
I know I shouldn’t compare. Everyone says that. “Don’t compare your journey with someone else’s.” It sounds good. But honestly, it’s not always that easy. Sometimes you’re genuinely happy for people, but at the same time, their success reminds you of the things you haven't achieved yet. And that feeling hurts a little.
I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about my career lately. I have experience. I have learned things. I’ve worked on real projects. I’ve made mistakes and learned from them. But I still feel like I should have done more by now.
Maybe I should have changed jobs earlier. Maybe I should have learned more. Maybe I should be earning more. Maybe I should have taken more risks.
There are so many “maybes.” And the worst part is that there isn't a clear answer. Nobody tells you what your life is supposed to look like at 26.
There is no checklist that says:
At 23: do this.
At 25: achieve this salary.
At 27: buy a house.
At 28: have everything figured out.
Yet somehow, we create these imaginary deadlines for ourselves.
I think social media makes this worse. We mostly see people's results, not the years they spent struggling to get there. We see the new job, not the 50 applications that were rejected. We see the US office, not the uncertainty that came before it. We see the promotion, not the nights they spent wondering whether they were good enough.
So maybe I'm not actually behind. Maybe I'm just seeing everyone else's highlights while living through my own behind-the-scenes.
I still don't have everything figured out. Honestly, I don't even know exactly where I'll be a year from now. But I do know that I don't want to spend another year only worrying about how far behind I am.
I'd rather spend it moving. Even if it's slowly.
Learn something. Try something. Fail at something. Try again.
Maybe that's enough for now.
I'm 26. I'm not where I want to be yet. But I'm also not where I started. And maybe I need to give myself a little more credit for that.
Maybe I'm not behind. Maybe I'm just on my own timeline.
Cool infos from the sidebar:
-You can share your work in the blog for more people to see it!
-You can join the Discord group to get notified through there or talk to me and other friendly people
Comments
Post a Comment