Keep your mind protected

 Hope you enjoy it! : )

Made by: H. Tayrone


Our mind isn’t supposed to be our enemy you know?

I’m sure a lot of people see their mind as a foe. Thoughts they wish they didn’t have, day dreaming all the time, ruminating. Nobody likes that, and everybody knows it’s unhealthy. 

I like to think our mind and body are connected, they are one, they are you. You ain’t you without your mind, and you ain’t you without your body. There might not be that much of a separation. 

So I believe we should protect our mind as much as we protect our body.


I mentioned this before I lived for a while with DPDR (Despersonalization-Derealization Disorder), so quite a lot of what I say isn’t just a way of seeing things, but things I say from experience.

You know when you’re sick and you have to take medication to get better? Well you got sick for a reason, and you should avoid getting sick by protecting your body from that reason. You can exercise, eat healthy and not lick handrails. Those are stuff taught to us and just general common sense.

Our minds can also get sick though, the so-called mental diseases. We all heard of them. There is even medication for them. But what might not be often heard is you might not have a mental disease, but if you’re constantly fighting your own mind, you ain’t well. Things ain’t well, you definitely don’t want to live like this. And things are like this for a reason. You might not know exactly why, but it doesn’t mean you have to just wait for it to go away.

I’m completely aware of what happened for me to deal with DPDR, I’m not getting into details but I know what it was. And I’m saying this because I don’t wish for it to ever come back or get stronger, so I’ll protect my mind, and you should too.


I know it sounds pretty vague, but if you’re currently always fighting your own brains, to “exercise” your brain not to works quite well. Like… Think of day dreaming as a door your mind always wants to open, and put a little lock on it. You’ll always try to open it, but if you keep the door closed eventually you’ll stop. Sounds weird but you need to actively try to build the mind you wish to have, not just hate on yourself. Do what works for you. It’s your mind.

Also keep it in… mind, that everything you see or experience will affect your mind (I wish I had another word). Keep it safe and don’t get it sick, it really isn’t fun.


Anyway that’s it for today’s episode :)

See you tomorrow!


Cool infos:

-You can write a singular post for the blog and share one of your social medias! Read the side bar.

-You can follow Instagram to get notified there through stories.

-You can join the Discord group to get notified through there or talk to me and other friendly people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story development

Pieces from the past

Don't overcomplicate