Self doubt



Come back tomorrow for a new post!

Made by: H. Tayrone

Today a member of our Discord group said the following quote:
“There are thousand capacities in yourself even if u don't believe it”
I said I was going to write about it, so here I am :)

One thing everyone will eventually go through is self-doubt, maybe you go through it every day, maybe you don’t even remember the days when you didn’t doubt yourself every second. But even if you doubt your own capabilities, that doesn’t make you any less capable. The same with if you’re super confident in what you do, it doesn’t really make you better at it.
Sure in a competition you might perform better if you’re confident, but your actual skill is separated from your feelings.
But how do you overcome self doubt? How do you become so good at things you don’t even think about your skill, you just know how to do it? Like speaking your mother language. It is a skill to know that language but you don’t even think about it because well it’s just part of you to know it.
I think I figured out how to do it, and to explain it I’ll give an example from my life.

Yesterday I was practicing the guitar when I thought to myself how I could be giving WAY more of myself if I just gave me the thought “I’ll be the greatest guitar player in the world”. Like if I truly wanted that I would be trying way harder to learn the guitar. So why don’t I think this way? Because honestly, I don’t care for it, and that would take my entire mind if I really wanted to achieve that, and I can’t just say I’ll be the greatest in the world for everything I do because then I’m really divided and the wish won’t mean much anymore. I get this feeling I only got one shot to dedicate my life to be the greatest at one thing, because I’ll really go after it if I say to myself I’ll be the greatest at it. 
But then I thought, ok if I won’t dedicate my life to it, maybe I can just dedicate my week to get good at a certain aspect of it. You understand now what I’m saying?
To not doubt yourself you just have to get good at the thing, and the best way I believe to get good at something is to dedicate a certain amount of days to mastering something about it. Like get your brain really into it, you might not achieve it in that week but you gave your best and you made more progress than if you didn’t put your mind to work there.
With time and work really getting good at every aspect of something, eventually you’ll be a master and there won’t be any room for self doubt. Do you doubt yourself regarding your mother language? I don’t think so. 
Even if you don’t believe you can do something, you can get better at it, and there might be tons of things out there you’re naturally good at you never even tried. Seriously, the options are endless!

See you tomorrow with something new!


Cool infos from the sidebar:

-You can share your work in the blog for more people to see it!

-You can join the Discord group to get notified through there or talk to me and other friendly people

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story development

Pieces from the past

Don't overcomplicate