The fear of change



Come back tomorrow for a new post!

Made by: H. Tayrone

It has been a while since I’ve written for my own blog so here I am : )
We’re almost hitting 100 blog posts, which means I’ve been working on this project for almost 100 days. I don’t know if that sounds like a lot to many people, it particularly doesn't to me, but hey that’s a cool number to hit.
Either way, celebrations once we get there.

Today we’re talking about the fear of change.
Something I’m pretty sure everyone has even if they don’t notice. 
I wrote about changing before in “You’ll never change”, but there I was talking about your character, who you are. Today I’d like to focus on big changes in our lives. Changes which come to us.
They can be exciting or scary, there is always some type of emotion connected with change, but anxiety is always part of it.

One good example is if you’re still in school. Eventually it will come to an end and you’ll have to do something else. It feels weird right? Like, your entire life you’ve been going to school and it has always been surrounded around it. You meet the people there, you have your classes, and you’re used to doing other things based on whether you have school or not. One day though, it just ends. A major part of your life changes entirely and now something new comes, you have to get used to something new, and that’s uncomfortable. Maybe that’s why we fear change even if it’s for the better. It is uncomfortable, staying on what you’re used to feels safer.
But changes like that are the ones life throws at us. You don’t have much of a choice you know? You HAVE to get used to how your life is now. But what about the changes you want to make?

I believe the harder changes are the ones you make yourself. Even if you want to get out of school it’s something that just happens to you. What about wanting to change your status? What about changing your day? What about moving to another country? Those might be things you want to do. Everybody wants to be successful, but to change your status feels scary, it’s not what you’re used to, so even if you don’t notice you avoid it a bit. Every successful person was once unknown, and they had to go through the fear of changing that. If you’re moving to another country you have to go through the fear of changing basically everything in your current life. Those are not things life just throws at you, at least we are assuming here that’s not the case, those are things you want to do and you know on the other side is better, but you have to go through a dark tunnel first.
If I have to describe how I’ve been feeling toward some changes I’ve been going through recently, it was like I was hanging in for dear life on a bar not wanting to fall. I knew I had to let go of the bar so I could improve and actually be who I wish to be, but it was hard because falling is scary, it’s a major change in my life. Either way, with time I tried to make those changes not look so frightening and now I feel like I’m falling (Which is a good thing here)
I hope you understand what I mean.

I’m sure there are a few things in your life you’d like to change. I want you to imagine how it would feel to actually be there on the other side. It would feel weird right? You’re not used to that at all. Try picturing yourself there until it doesn’t feel as scary, it takes a bit of time but that’s what worked for me to finally make some progress towards my goals, hopefully it will work for you too.


See you tomorrow with something new!


Cool infos from the sidebar:

-You can share your work in the blog for more people to see it!

-You can join the Discord group to get notified through there or talk to me and other friendly people

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story development

Pieces from the past

Don't overcomplicate